Getting Started with Pinkcoin StakeBox
StakeBox and Pinkcoin have partnered together to bring you the Pinkcoin StakeBox - a device that allows you to stake your Pinkcoin cryptocurrency and make a return on your investment.
Staking Pinkcoin is the process of securing the network with your coin weight, which in turn rewards you with new Pinkcoin coins.
This quick guide will show you the steps to take to start staking with your Whitecoin using the web interface. This guide assumes you have some basic knowledge of how to use Linux OS.
Note: This guide is for reference only and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft of wallet data. Please make sure you backup your wallet and passphrase in a variety of locations.
What you will need
- 1x Pinkcoin StakeBox
- Wi-Fi with internet access
Assemble your hardware
- Insert your Pinkcoin microSD card into the SD slot (If purchased separately)
- Connect the micro USB power adapter
The Pinkcoin StakeBox does not require a monitor or mouse & keyboard but rather uses the built-in Wi-Fi to create a wireless hotspot that you can connect to from your computer or smart device and configure the Pinkcoin StakeBox.
1. On your computer connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot with an SSID of "PinkPi" and use the default password of"my-pinkpi" to connect.
3. Now that you have access to the Pinkcoin StakeBox you will need to connect it to your local Wi-Fi for internet access in order to download the wallet and start staking. In the main home page click on the "Settings" icon in the upper right hand side.
4. Under the "Network" header select your local Wi-Fi from the drop down box and then enter your password.
5. Click "Connect" and the Pinkcoin StakeBox will then begin to connect to your Wi-Fi.
6. You can now access the Pinkcoin homepage from http://pinkpi.local/ or your Pinkcoin StakeBox IP address, which is distributed from your router
Encrypting your wallet
By default the Pinkcoin StakeBox does come with the wallet installed and also gives you the option upload and existing wallet you may have from another device.
1. First step is to secure you wallet with a passphrase. A passphrase is different to a password in which it should contain at least 10 words in random order. Before you type in your Passphrase you should write it down somewhere and keep it safe otherwise if you cannot gain access to your wallet you will not be able to recover the coins. Enter a passphrase under "New Passphrase" and retype under "Confirm Passphrase" and then click "Change Passphrase"
2. Once entered you should see at the bottom of the page that the wallet is now unlocked
Note: Remember that your wallet needs to be unlocked in order to stake Pinkcoin
Sending and Receiving Pinkcoins
In order to stake you must have coins in your wallet and to send coins to your wallet you must know your receiving address.
1. In the main menu click on "Transactions" where you will see a list of all transactions that you have completed
2. Click on "Receive Pinkcoin" to view your Pinkcoin addresses
Note: At the moment there is a bug in the software when creating a new address and as such you must follow the guide below.
3. To create a new address and as many as you wish. Simply click on "Edit" button next to a current address, which there should always be one available
4. On the next page simply add a new label under "Address Label" or click on the green button "Save Address" and this will generate a new address
Once the Pinkcoin application has finished synchronising and as along as your wallet is unlocked and you have Pinkcoins then the staking process will begin automatically.
For further information on the Pinkcoin cryptocurrency please visit https://getstarted.with.pink and if you have any queries you can visit the Discord community channel https://discordapp.com/invite/NnnyyBf
Give us a tip!
Our learning and blog content is shared and released for free with no adverts ever, guaranteed! If this content helped your project or you just like the work we do and would like to help us grow the content and products we have available, please consider giving us a tip...
PayPal: Donate with PayPal