Getting Started with Trezarcoin StakeBox
StakeBox and Trezarcoin have partnered together to bring you the Trezarcoin StakeBox - a device that allows you to stake your Trezarcoin cryptocurrency and make a return on your investment.
Staking Trezarcoin is the process of securing the network with your coin weight, which in turn rewards you with new Trezarcoin coins.
This quick guide will show you the steps to take to start staking with your Trezarcoin using the graphical interface. This guide assumes you have some basic knowledge of how to use Linux OS.
Note: This guide is for reference only and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft of wallet data. Please make sure you backup your wallet and passphrase in a variety of locations.
What you will need
- 1x Trezarcoin StakeBox
- USB keyboard & mouse
Assemble your hardware
- Connect your HDMI cable to your TV/Monitor
- Connect your Keyboard & Mouse
- Insert your Trezarcoin microSD card into the SD slot (If purchased separately)
- Connect the micro USB power adapter
Installing Trezarcoin on your StakeBox
Before you get started you will need a 16GB microSD card with the latest version of Raspbian OS, which you can download from the Raspberry Pi foundation website. Once you have inserted the Raspbian OS into your StakeBox, go-ahead and power up your StakeBox and you should see the Raspbian Desktop. You will also need to connect to your local internet using the built-in Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
To connect to your wireless router follow these steps:
- When your StakeBox boots into the Trezarcoin desktop you will see a menu bar in the upper right hand side.
- Here you should see an icon with two red crosses on it, which indicates that the Wi-Fi is not connected to a wireless router. Click on this icon and you should see a list of available Wi-Fi hotspots, where you should see the name of your local router.
- Click on the name of your local hotspot and then enter your Wi-Fi password to connect to it. Note: your Wi-Fi SSID and password can usually be found on the back of your router or in the manual.
- Once you have connected you should see the Wi-Fi icon change and if you hover your mouse of it you will see your IP address and other information about the wireless connection
Ethernet is as simple as connecting an Ethernet cable from your StakeBox to the back of your router, you should see a green light on the Ethernet port on your StakeBox to indicate that it has successfully connected. For Ethernet DHCP settings you will need to refer to your instruction manual for your router.
Trezarcoin application has already ben installed on the operating system for us, so all we have to do is launch it from the command line:
- On the Desktop click on the Terminal icon in the tool bar
- You should now see a terminal window open where we can input commands into
- To launch the Trezarcoin application we need to navigate to the directory where it has been installed to and then launch with the following commands:
cd Trezarcoin ./trezarcoin-qt
- You should see the Trezarcoin application open on your desktop
When you first launch the application it will automatically start to download the blockchain and synchronise to the network providing that you are connected to the internet.
Encrypting your Trezarcoin wallet
- Firstly, and more importantly we need to encrypt your wallet to make sure all your Trezar coins and data is safe. To do this go to Settings in the menu and then click Encrypt Wallet
- Here you must type in a passphrase that is at least 10 characters long. Warning: do not lose this passphrase otherwise you will not be able to access your wallet
- Enter your passphrase again to confirm it was correct and click ok
- You will receive a warning notification that if you encrypt your wallet and lose your passphrase you will lose all of your Trezar coins. If you are happy to proceed then click Yes to continue
- Once your wallet has finished encrypting you will receive a confirmation message and you will need to restart the Trezarcoin application for the changes to take effect. Click Ok to close the application
- Once the application has closed go-ahead and launch it again from the command line
Unlocking your Trezarcoin wallet for staking
In order for you to start staking it is important that you unlock our wallet first, otherwise the staking process will not work as the application cannot access your wallet.
- Go to Wallet > Unlock in the menu
- Enter your passphrase used to encrypt your wallet and click OK to unlock
- Your wallet is now unlocked and ready for staking. You should see in the bottom right hand corner the unlocked padlock symbol, which indicates the wallet is unlocked.
Note: When you close the Trezarcoin application your wallet will automatically lock itself for security reasons
Now that we have encrypted your wallet it is time to start sending Trezarcoins to your wallet. To do this you will need to know what your receiving address is.
- In the main application click on Receive tokens tab
- Here you will see a list of available receiving addresses where you can send your Trezarcoin coins to.
Once the Trezarcoin application has finished synchronizing the blocks and as long as your wallet is unlocked and you have coins in your wallet, the staking process will begin automatically.
Note: To be able to stake Trezarcoin you will need a minimum of 150k coins
Auto start Trezarcoin on boot
Chances are you will leave your StakeBox running 24 hours a day for staking, however in the event that your StakeBox looses power by accident, the staking process will stop and you will non the wiser. To prevent this from happening it is possible to launch the Trezarcoin application when the OS boots up.
- In the manu navigate to Settings > Options
- Make sure you check the box Start Trezarcoin on system login and then click ok to confirm those changes
Everytime your StakeBox restarts it will now automatically start the Trezarcoin application and begin synchronising.
Give us a tip!
Our learning and blog content is shared and released for free with no adverts ever, guaranteed! If this content helped your project or you just like the work we do and would like to help us grow the content and products we have available, please consider giving us a tip...
PayPal: Donate with PayPal